ER Nurse Manager-ABLEH-BPEI - Emergency Services--$25,000 Sign On Bonus
Our Bascom Palmer Eye Institute has an exciting opportunity for an ER Nursing Manager. The ER Nursing Manager:
- Promotes and restores patients' health by developing day-to-day management and long-term planning of the patient care area, directing and developing staff, collaborating with physicians and multi-disciplinary professional staffs, and providing physical and psychological support for patients and their friends and families.
- Enforces professional staff behaviors that facilitate positive relationships among colleagues, physicians, administrators, and other hospital personnel.
- Oversees patient flow through designated clinical areas.
- Maintains nursing guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures.
- Maintains nursing operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Assures quality of care by developing and interpreting hospital and nursing division's philosophies and standards of care, enforcing adherence to state board of nursing and state nurse practice act requirements, and to other governing agency regulations, and measuring health outcomes against standards.
- Maintains nursing staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training nurses and auxiliary staff.
- Completes patient care requirements by assigning nursing and staff.
- Maintains nursing staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees.
- Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients and their friends and families.
- Promotes patients’ independence by establishing patient care goals, teaching and counseling patients, and reinforcing patients’ understanding of disease, medications, and self-care.
- Resolves patient needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by designing and implementing related procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Accounts for the collection of data to ensure performance improvement and optimal customer service standards.
- Assures all staff meet mandatory continuing education requirements and yearly hospital based competencies.
- Provides insight on the unit(s) operations to nursing leadership to assist in the development of strategic planning and departmental expansion.
- Establishes and continuously assesses the effectiveness of the internal controls within the unit and compliance with University policies and procedures.
- Ensures employees are trained on controls within the function and on University policy and procedures.
*This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in relevant field required
- Certification and Licensing: Registered Nurse Licensure (RN)
- Experience: Minimum 3 years of relevant experience
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
- Ability to maintain effective interpersonal relationships
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form
- Proficiency in computer software (i.e. Microsoft Office)
- Knowledge of business and management principles
- Ability to effectively plan, delegate and/or supervise the work of others.
- Ability to lead, motivate, develop and train others
For more information contact: Patricia Iturriage - firstname.lastname@example.org